11 Reasons Your Voice-Over
Business Will Be A Success
By Kara Edwards
I try to spend an hour each morning reading interesting articles about business and voice-over. It helps to start the day with fresh ideas, and I like seeing what people are up to.
However, sometimes there's very negative energy in the air - at least with the articles I come across.
One that put me slightly over the edge was an article that explained in detail the nine ways my business would fail. Ok, it didn't target me specifically - it was written for anyone who owned a business.
But the way I see it, there are plenty of unhappy things going on in the world today, so why contribute in any way to the negativity?
Without further ado, then, here are the top 11 reasons why I believe you are going to be a great success!
WHY YOU WILL SUCCEED
1. You care about your product. You've invested time and money into proper training, ensuring you can handle anything that comes your way.
2. You are trustworthy. You deliver your product on time and in the way your client asks you to.
3. You have the proper tools. Your studio sounds great, and the files you deliver are clean (no hum, mouth noise, unnecessary compression or EQ).
4. You are professional. From the first phone call or email to the final invoice, you are up-front with your turnaround time and rates, and you deliver on your promises.
5. You are likable. Your clients call you again and again because they enjoy you as a talent - and as a person. Other talents admire and like you as well, and aren't afraid to refer you to their own clients.
6. You are honest. If there is something you can't do, you are up-front about it. If the project will take longer than expected, you call your clients to let them know as soon as possible.
7. You are consistent. You take care of your voice (your tools) so that you are always able to deliver the same great product.
8. You value your services. You don't drop your rates to get the job, or "beat out" someone else. You know you are worth the money the client will spend.
9. Your pride never gets in the way. You realize this job isn't about you, it's about providing a great product. You don't worry about auditions you didn't book; you don't take it personally if the client decides to go another direction.
10. You are innovative. Your studio is up-to-date, and you are always researching ways to better yourself and your services.
11. You are a positive inspiration. The most powerful word in the English language is "choose." Every day you choose to say positive things, think positive thoughts, and be an inspiration to those around you.
So, there you have it. Eleven reasons your voice-over business will be a great success! I am quite sure there are many, many more - so think about it!
ABOUT KARA ...
Kara Edwards is a voice actor, who at age 19, was one of the youngest full-time employees of ABC radio in Dallas, where she co-hosted The Squeege and Kara Show for Disney Radio. Her voices took her to the Cartoon Network and dozens more animated characters. Today her home studio voice acting includes radio and TV commercials, video games, and corporate and childrens' projects. She also writes a very thoughtful blog: The Voices in Her Head.
Your Daily Resource For Voice-Over Success