Action Plans Keep
Your Career On Target
By Dan Duckworth
What are you doing today to keep your career moving forward? And at the end of this week, will you be able to cite your accomplishments - or note what needs more attention?
I find that a Weekly Action Plan Checklist is a major help to staying on track. It's a down-on-paper pledge to yourself to accomplish at least one major goal in a number of areas.
For instance, the checklist below offers possible choices you can make each week in five critical areas of your business. The first item involves cash flow - and indeed, that's crucial. As CEO of your company, your number one responsibility is to be sure you have sufficient cash flow to operate your business properly.
Feel free to add other items. But most important: follow through with your plans!
MY WEEKLY ACTION PLAN
1. To improve my finances (cash flow), the one specific, do-able action I will take this week is:
2. To improve my technique (product), the one specific, do-able action I will take this week is:
3. To improve my tools, the one specific, do-able action I will take this week is:
4. To improve my marketing, the one specific, do-able action I will take this week is:
5. To improve my health (physical and/or psychological), the one specific, do-able action I will take this week is:
Well, what are you waiting for? Act!
Dan Duckworth is a voice-over career coach, casting director and producer with plenty of suggestions for your Weekly Action Plan. Based in New York City, he and wife Carole run Voiceovers Unlimited workshops, coaching and productions, and AAA Voice Casting, a casting company that hosts numerous seminars with casting directors. To receive a free 52-week Internet Action Plan, email a request to VoiceoversUnltd@aol.com with the subject "Action Plan."
Email Dan: email@example.com