Does Your Voice Over 'Brand' Do
All THIS For You And Prospects?
December 20, 2016
By Celia Siegel
CVO, Celia Siegel Management
Before you unwrap your holiday gifts, start
the festive season by unwrapping your best asset as a voice over
artist - your brand!
Ask yourself these questions to see if your brand is
as fantastic as you are:
When you get your brand right, youíll feel like youíre unwrapping the best gift ever-
- Does it make you feel at home? Like you could snuggle up on the couch inside your brand and stay for weeks.
- Is it on-trend or trend-setting?
Youíre talking to ad buyers and writers - the trendiest people on earth.
Your brand has to look and feel fresh, smart and streamlined.
- Does it scream you? Talk like you talk, walk like you walk. If you were in a lineup with 10 other voice actors, could we match your brand to you?
- Does it open doors? Youíll know because your tribe will be attracted and youíll land work.
- Is it better than your competitors? Letís face it. We all want to be top dog- and hereís a tangible way to do it.
- Does it tell your story? Your brand should tell your personal story - so people can know you as a human. Yup, be real!
- Is it a preview of working together? Your brand should set up whatís awesome about working with you. After all, you are your product.
- Does it make you feel excited?
Pay attention to whatís happening in your gut. When you complete your
authentic brand, you know itís right. Some people even jump up and
- Does it encourage you to spread the word? You canít just be talented; 50% of your job is educating the world about your voice.
- Does it have legs? Your brand should be so good that it gets shared in meetings and goes places for you.
- Does it make you look AS successful as you are? Your brandís gotta lift you up, not hold you down!
- Does it up your confidence? Every single VO artist needs swagger, bravado and belonging. Your brand is the ultimate confidence-booster.
- Is it fast? At even a quick glance, your brand should speak a thousand words.
- Does it give you control? A good brand helps you manage the story that is out there about you. It helps you reinforce and share the right message.
- Does it reflect the brands youíre attracted to? One
cool way to hone in on your brand is to pay attention to the brands
youíre attracted to. They are clues to your aspirational self!
- Does it match your demos? Nothing is more jarring than a demo thatís at-odds with a brand.
- Does it include your shadow side?
Donít try to be too perfect. Sometimes itís the stuff we donít love
about ourselves that creates the intrigue it takes to land the job.
Donít brush your real self under the rug.
Celia Siegel is the "Chief Voice OfficerĒ of Celia Siegel Management,
known for creating strong personal brands for voice talent and marketing
those brands to the max - in a way thatís authentic to each voice actor.
She is also the author of the upcoming book, VoiceOverAchiever: How to
Cultivate Bravado, Swagger and Confidence Through Personal Branding.
Your Daily Resource For Voice-Over Success